"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Panda-monium

I spent Monday afternoon at the National Zoo. I've been going there all my life, since I was a tot. With grandparents, my mother, with the Chap, on my own. Never before were the animals so visible, so active, so photogenic!

Like so many visitors, I was particularly eager to see the Giant Pandas, Tian Tian and Mei Zhiang and Tai Shan. Two of them--presumably the adultes--were outside in their separate enclosures and having a busy time.

I lost track of which is which.









It was feeding and clean-up time in the Red Panda area--the pandas and their keepers were very interesting to watch.





Many more animal photos to come!

I met the Chap at Biddy Mulligan's for a draught cider (me) and Guinness (him). Then we went to our favourite French restautant, Bistrot du Coin. I drank more cider--only French for a change--and had a Salade de Chevre Chaud followed by escargots. He had mushrooms to start followed by moules in a curried cream sauce. Amazing.


No comments: