"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday Stroll--Inside the Lodge



This morning's stroll took place indoors, because lately I'm obssessing about my houseplants.

I think my heirloom Christmas cactus (offspring of a century-old Canadian plant) might be an Election Day cactus this year!



This begonia is the offspring of a plant grown by a dear friend in Clifton, Bristol, in the flat where we spent so many happy years.



Sweet olive has been a favourite all my life. It's fragrance is unearthly. Large shrubs of it surround my parents' home, and small though it is I'm thrilled to have this reliable specimen. This is its second or third blossoming this year!



The Chap gave me this Crown of Thorns for Christmas several years ago. This year I think it has bloomed in 9 months out of 12.



The flower...



...is identical to the paper poppies worn by the British at this time of year, to honour Remembrance Day.



If you want to help me decide how to dispose of my unloved arrowhead plant, read the previous blogpost.

To tag along with my fellow strollers, follow this link!


No comments: