"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Two Winners



I knew the outcome of my race by 9:00. Had to wait two hours more for the offical projection of the next occupant of the White House.

Today was the most beautiful, bright, mild first Tuesday in November I can remember. All day my heart has been so full. From morning till night I was standing at various polling places. My feet are weary, I'm overwhelmed by emotion.

I've just come inside again after standing in front of the Lodge without any clothes on. Because I said I would.




No comments: