"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Beside the Big Lake

Late yesterday, we headed to the dock to see the sun set.

Lola, Ruth and Jewel are ready for the show.



Jewel considers a swim.



While her chum romped in the 62 degree water, Ruth watches from her "safe place" beneath the blueberry bush.



Still life: Mountains at Sundown with Guinness. (Can you spot the bottle?)



Jewel admires the sunset.



The wind came up after dark, resulting in a breezy night but not a very cool one.

At 5:00 a.m., Jewel hears the loon. She barks at it. Then we all go back to sleep for a few more hours.

This morning, they had their breakfast in the kitchen, then we all went down to the dock where I ate mine (banana and cup of tea).

And gazed upon this view...



...as I listened to the first hour of Weekend Edition Saturday on NPR on the radio in the boathouse. I'm sure it was very informative and interesting, but I could hardly hear, the wind was pushing big waves against the rocks.

We'll probably have our walk around midday. Lola's legs have improved. I'll be careful about letting her walk beside the hardtop road where the ground is easier on her old, arthritic bones.

This afternoon, I need to write a book. Tonight, I'll be reading one.


No comments: