"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, June 15, 2007

Floral Friday

Today is warmer, sunny, clear, cloudless, and everything beautiful.

Last night's 5-hour Diocesan Council retreat/branding & marketing workshop was a triumph, thanks to our presenter. And to the generous, helpful souls who augmented our pizza party with salads, dessert, snacks, and beverages.

This is my catch-up day, locating those things that fell through the cracks this week or last and taking care of them.

Admittedly, if I had the physical strength for weeding the gardens, the stuff that fell in the cracks would stay there a bit longer.

Perennial of the Day: Pink Lupine



Rose of the Day: God only knows. Rather, only God knows.



It's a Mystery Rose, some sort of climber. Possibly an antique variety, because if I recall correctly it blooms only once, and early. It took years to establish itself. This promises to be the best blooming season yet. It's pink and ruffly, with a sweet, heady scent.

Identifying mystery roses is an exercise in madness. (I did succeed, once, so I know it can be done.)

I remind myself that I don't need to know its name or breeding to love it! Which I do.


No comments: