"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011

We closed out the old year with delicious food and drink and a film-viewing frenzy. Saw The King's Speech at the cinema. After pausing to celebrate the New Year as midnight struck in London, we watched a historical epic film on DVD here at the Lodge. It wrapped up at exactly 11:58 p.m., just in time for our second celebration of the evening!



Today is 1.1.11, whether you live in the States or the UK/Europe/Rest of the World where they write date.month.year rather than month.date.year. Global continuity is a fine way to start the year.

Yesterday the Chap installed my new vanity plates, so here's how I'm rolling in 2011:



With so many writers and authors living in this state, AUTHOR alone was already taken. So I had them put the + sign next to it. Because I'm an author, plus loads of other things as well.

Wishing my visitors much joy and prosperity in this New Year. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll return!


No comments: