"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

From the Snow Globe

After two snowstorm forecasts that fizzled, we're now getting a real Nor'Easter Blizzard. The snow began falling in the very early hours of the morning. We woke to something like 8 inches. It has been snowing at varying intensity since then, sometimes at 2 to 4 inches per hour. So it's really stacking up!

On a day like this, it doesn't take long for mostly black dogs to turn white.



Ruth is little and can only plow through the drifts by hopping like a bunny, which is very cute. She really wants to romp in the snow. Jewel just wants to come inside where it's warm and dry.



Even after I shoveled the steps down to their yard, Jewel was not keen on snow-romping.



A pork loin treated with a rub of dried herbs and some red wine is roasting in the slow cooker--oh, the aroma! I tried one of my ballet DVD's on Monday and liked it. I'm about to test the other one.

The Chap drove in to work this morning without incident, so he's having a normal day. I suppose I am, too, since this snowstorm didn't exactly interfere with my usual day at the Lodge.


No comments: