"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, March 23, 2007

Feverish Friday

I've had a bad case of spring fever ever since the cold weather departed at mid-week. It's only getting worse!

After my committee Executive Session yesterday, I ran errands around town with my car top open. This proved to be unwise when I drove beneath an overpass where the snow was melting rapidly, and dripping down. I nearly got drenched, only I leaned out of the way just in time!

My committee acted on the last of our House bills. We won't convene again until we receive our Senate bills, and we expect only a couple of those. Our chairman told us we can expect to go on some informational "field trips"--visiting the wildlife division and the marine fisheries division, and even taking a boat ride!

The snow in the front yard is receding, my garden is now exposed and I'm eager to get outside and hunt for sprouting bulbs. In the back, the young girls chase each other across the slush, soon to become mud. Memo to self: gather up some of the "dog towels" so we can wipe off those paws before they cross the threshhold!

Here's the pack on the big deck, after I returned home yesterday. Our dogs come in every size--small (Ruth on the right), medium (Jewel on the left), and large (Lola in the middle, relishing her snowy bed.)



There's a lot less snow out there today, it continued melting during the night.

Tomorrow is Writers' Day, so I will leave the Chap here to oversee the pack while I attend the annual writers' conference. I'm signed up for three very interesting workshops and look forward to hearing our Keynote Speaker.

This is also the Open House Weekend at the Sugar Houses around the state. We'll probably wait till next week to visit our favourite, the one with the lambs and the calves.

Lola and I have enjoyed a quiet morning. Ruth and Jewel spent it romping like maniacs and now are sleeping peacfully in various corners of the Lodge.


No comments: