"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, March 04, 2007

March Forth!

This birthday is extra fun, because I'm sharing it with Ruth, who most likely was born Sometime in March. (I also share it with my father-in-law, as I've done every year.)

Ruth is now 2 in dog years. That equals 14 in people years.

Relying on the Chap's most excellent knowledge of mathematics, we determined that in dog years I am between 6 and 7.

Ruth wonders, "Is this my gift bag, or hers?"



This morning over breakfast I opened cards and gifts from my spouse and my parents and Ruth and Lola.

My dear mother, whose sense of humour can be a bit too rich, sent me this photo scan.



Proof that I was destined to serve on the state Fish & Game Committee. And that my affinity for mountains and lakes is nothing new.

This morning Liane Hansen of NPR woke me by announcing that this is the one day of the entire year that also expresses a command:

"March forth!"

And so I shall. The celebrations continue....


No comments: