"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, March 16, 2007

Pupdate

There's a Nor'easter slamming into New England today, tonight, tomorrow, bringing snow, sleet, and freezing rain, to be immediately followed by several inches of heavy rainfall as temperatures rise. It promises--no, threatens to be very messy, and there are flood warnings already for some of the rivers.

Not sure what impact this will have on the transport and delivery of our new family member. Expect to find out later on. I'm trying to stay out of anxiety mode, so I'm keeping busy.

The Lodge is in the 6" to 12" inch snowfall band.

In preparation, I stopped in at our new library yesterday to stock up on DVD's. (After I stopped at the Dollar Store for an armload of cheap doggie toys and another feeding dish!)

Happily, I've just returned from my twice (thrice?) postponed hairdresser appointment. At the salon, the impending storm was the Big Topic. Along with Soup. And Food, in general.

As I drove away, freshly shorn and coiffed, the very first snowflakes fell. When I passed the river dam, I said a little prayer for it to hold firm. (It was greatly challenged by the notorious and fearsome 2006 Mother's Day Flood.)

I may be spending much of my weekend housebound, but I will be looking fab. Or if not that good, at least a lot better than I looked before this afternoon's excursion.


No comments: