"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Grooming and Bathing by Shadow (Guest Blogger)

A warm and sunny Saturday morning, and we're all hanging out on the deck. Next thing I know, She whips out the comb. I get excited. Lola runs and hides behind His chair.

Combing is fun!
I love being combed. (Lola hates it.)


Please don't stop!

Please don't stop!


After grooming, time for our bath. Lola goes first, because she has a bad attitude. Which is obvious from her cross expression afterwards.

Lola gets cross at bath time


She doesn't like the way she looks when she's wet. So she positions herself under the herb table pretending she's invisible.

Lola being invisible under the herb table


Then it's my turn. Not as much fun as grooming, but I survive.

Afterwards, I shake and shake but still can't get all the water off.
Maybe if I lick it....

I try licking away the water

No comments: