"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I could recount in mind-numbing detail my Irish ancestry--in what is now the Republic as well as the Six Counties. But I shall spare you.

Instead, a couple of favourite photos.

The "secret" castle I always visit at Ballyvaughan


Fungi, the famous dolphin of Dingle Bay.


If you want more: Sights Seen in Eire

This being the first anniversary of Jewel's arrival, here's a quick trip down memory lane: Meet Jewel!

Can't swill Guinness till evening, I'm afraid, I must keep a clear head. I'll be participating in an economic recovery summit in one of my district towns, along with our U.S. Congressman, our State Senator, another State Representative, and many local officials.


No comments: