"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Being in Many Places

Had an insanely productive writing day on Monday. My reward: this sunset!



This morning we headed back to the Lodge--by way of the fruit farm high on the Ridge in New Durham. Jewel wasn't too keen on the detour and fussed a bit about being left in the car (in a very shady spot, with the top open). I picked very, very quickly and soon filled 3 punnets.



Some people were picking blueberries too, really huge ones. But their season will last till September, said the lady who took my money. Oh, and the peaches will be ready soon.



We continued along the high road, past the awesome views of the Belknap Mountains, and drove right by the summit of Prospect Mountain.

I'm soon heading to town for my mandolin lesson. The Chap will be home later this afternoon. The berries are a "welcome back" surprise for him!

My passion flower is blooming.




No comments: