"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blog Anniversary: The Big Four

This blog began 4 years ago today. I expected to spend its anniversary at the lake cottage, from whence I made my very first posting. However, for several reasons, the weather being one, I'm not inspired me to make the trip today. I'm sorry to report that no interesting critters have emerged from the forest today in honour of the momentous occasion.

So...I've tinkered my sidebar slightly, adding several new links plus images of books I'm reading or have read. I'm in discussions with Cluster Maps about the disappearance of my red dot collection after they archived my visitors recently. But since the map never comes close to reflecting my stat counts anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Yesterday, while the Chap and I dined at a Mexican restaurant in Concord, the clouds parted and we had a rare glimpse of sunshine. It was a lovely evening...but all morning the clouds have been gathering. More rain on the way....

The box I shipped from Anaheim has arrived. I gave the Chap his gifts and set aside the Christmas ones. At the Hmong people booth--where I purchased many items including my skirt--I picked up this shiny lizard. The Chap's nickname for me includes the word "lizard" so I thought I needed this one.



The Chap departed this morning to attend an out-of-state family event...our post-Anaheim time together was brief.

After he left us, Jewel gazed wistfully into the distance.



Ruth reminds me I'll be doing double duty on tummy-scratches till the Chap returns.



The rain is now falling--our respite wasn't very long. Another afternoon fit only for sipping tea and working on the novel.


No comments: