"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Far From Home

I spent all day Monday flying from Boston to Los Angeles.

I'm staying at the Hilton Anaheim. Palm trees and sunshine and mountains behind the smog.



Disneyland is very close but I can't see it from my window. They charge extra for a view of the Magic Kingdom. I don't intend to venture into the Holy Rodent Empire but anything could happen.

My hotel is conveniently located only a few steps from the Convention center where I'll be spending days and nights.




I'll be here so long that by the time I depart I will probably qualify for residency!

Attended a reception tonight and saw many familiar New Hampshire faces, and a few other familiar faces and I made new friends.

I miss the Chap and the dogs. And it's only the second day....


No comments: