"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, January 18, 2010

Snow Day & Holiday

On this Martin Luther King holiday we find ourselves snow-bound at the Lodge. Our accumulation matches--or exceeds--the predictions for our area. As evidence, I present:

the deck.



the horse head statue.



the honeysuckle arbor.



I could also offer up a short video of dogs snow-romping, but it differs not at all from previous versions. The Chap is about to take them for a nice walk through the wintry wonderland.

A perfect day to refine my manuscript and rest up from last week and in preparation for the various activities of this one.


No comments: