"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Stroll: Turkey Trot!

The week ended pleasantly, with fun, food, fellowship, baking birthday cake for people I do not know and a party I was not even attending, and knitting.

On Friday in addition to errands my Friend From The North Country and I stopped at the Chap's office for a tour, and a quick visit to Michael's to pick up gold stars and dots. When we exited the store this is what we saw, and she took this photo with her new camera:



My progress on knitting my scarf is nothing short of scary! I seem to be a compulsive knitter, and therefore I have nearly got through my entire ball of yarn. I need more to make the scarf longer, so today I will yet again stop by Michael's for more. However, I'm putting away the knitting until Wednesday's legislative session...I need to be finishing up my revisions!

Today on the way to church, we saw turkeys.





There were 10 of them in all, 9 of which can be seen in this photo.



A photo of the statue in the park beside our church.



After the service we stayed for the annual budget review meeting, which was short and sweet.

On the drive home--more turkeys!

We met 4 more, 3 of which can be seen in this photo.



I've reported my sightings to the NH Winter Turkey Flock Survey for the NH Fish & Game Department.

I'm driving my FFTNC to the aiport this afternoon. I think she'll be astonished, and pleased (perhaps even alarmed) by the knitting monster she created.

If you'd like to continue trotting, um, strolling along, head over to Aisling's blog for links to other strollers.


No comments: