"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Stroll: Feeding Time

My morning routine includes feeding the birds--before I feed myself. I re-fill the small feeder with safflower seeds for the chickadees, nuthatches, titmice, cardinals, and lately winter goldfinches. Then I fling bread crumbs and cracked corn on the ground for the jays and juncoes and anyone who feeds down below.

Almost as soon as I step onto the deck, the jays swarm in for their food.



Today the grey squirrels came in greater numbers than usual.

One in the tree.




Another on the ground.



I counted four in all, before we had to leave for church.

Candlemas preparations.



This was the day of our parish Annual Meeting, at which we receive reports and elect officers and other members of leadership. Oh, and the Vestry feeds us brunch/lunch!

We had two types of soup--a curry butternut squash soup, plus a chowder of corn and potatoes. Here's my trinity of bowls--



That's not all I ate. I had mixed nuts and caramel kettle popcorn and a couple of brownies afterwards.

After the meeting adjourned we headed for the car wash to clean off my honourable automobile.

After two days of waking up to 0 degrees on the thermometer and intense wind chill, we're enjoying this balmy (?!) 23 degree day. The Chap just returned from walking the girls...a far more pleasant afternoon for it than yesterday.

Thanks for strolling with me on this Sunday. To continue, visit Aisling's blog.


No comments: