"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rodents & More

I got a pic of one of our two resident snowshoe hares the other evening. One or both can been seen at about the same time, late in the day, enjoying their supper.



Vincent, my special chipmunk friend, who earned his name because at least half of his right ear is missing.



When not scoping out the bird feeders, he sometimes explores the plant table on the big deck.



My fourth mandolin. It's a brooch, and comes in the cutest little mandolin case.



A friend made these earrings for me.



Last night we ate our first fiddleheads of the season.



Had a long day in the House yesterday, concurring--or not--with Senate amendments to various bills.

Last night we were happily surprised--I more than the Chap--by the outcome of American Idol last night. Our guy won!

Today I'm enjoying a quiet day at the Lodge. We had a bit of rain last night. I'm hoping for more today!


No comments: