"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, May 12, 2008

Sheepish and Woolly

Every year on Mother's Day weekend, unless I happen to be across the ocean blue, you'll find me at the annual New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival, in its 32nd year.

I saw sheep...



...and more sheep.



Wool...



...and more wool.



But the real reason I go--

for the International Sheepdog Trial!



And Dave & Colin's Herding Demonstration!



Something I didn't expect to see:



Yes. It's a pile of snow.

I've created two photo albums, each with 18 pictures from the festival.

NH Sheep & Wool Festival Exhibitions

NH Sheep & Wool Festival Sheepdog Trial & Herding Demo

And here, for your amusement, is the noisiest pen in the Sheep Barn:




No comments: