"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Spectacular

Last night's sunset.



It got much more vivid and colourful as the light slipped behind the mountains. I watched the show from the porch but couldn't be bothered to leave my chair. Call it lakeside lassitude. I'm already looking forward to an equally fine display later.

What a glorious day! Sunshine, a slight breeze. Some signs of life on the water but it's rather quiet for a holiday weekend. Motorboats are plying the waters, though not in great number. A party of kayakers just went past. And a couple of canoes.

Here's the Big Boat on its morning cruise down the Bay.



Plenty of passengers on board.



Each of the four times I saw it pass by--down the Bay and back, down the Bay and back--I remember the thrill of holding the ginormous wheel in my own wee hands just a few weeks ago.

Future blueberries.



We're having lots of fun. Can you tell?



Ruth is the smiling-est dog I ever knew. And Jewel the most soulful.


No comments: