"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, August 17, 2007

Forgot to mention...

My office is entirely clean and tidy.

The benfit of having an overnight guest from away: my entire house is in the same state of cleanliness and tidiness as my office. Somehow, in the midst of a busy week, I combined a long-delayed Spring Cleaning and a possible (but not inevitable) Autumn Cleaning into Late Summer Cleaning.

I'm not sure my office assistants are impressed by their extraordinarily tidy surroundings.



But I can't stop admiring.

Don't think our houseguest--childhood friend of the Chap's, groomsman in our wedding--realised how extraordinarily clean our Lodge now is. But I do believe he enjoyed this morning's personal tour of the State House, by a living, breathing legislatrix (who resides in a remarkably clean house--did I mention?)

Enough about my awesomely spotless dwelling. Now you're free to read what I wrote about my main man Hank Aaron.


No comments: