"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, March 23, 2009

Musical Monday: Double Dose of Poe

A trip to the dark side, courtesy of Poe. Driving about the Granite State of late, I've been listening to her cd Hello, a longtime favourite. I love her voice, her eerie and fully textured melodies. And the the way she sometimes sings with an angel's sweetness about evil events and evil intents.

Here's a film video of Angry Johnny. I prefer listening to the album without the distraction of the images. By the end of this hypnotic little ditty, I'm always ready to help her kill him.



And Trigger Happy Jack, without full-motion video.



She's absolutely right. You can't talked to a psycho like a normal human being. I've tried it. Doesn't work.



No comments: