"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Saturday Roll and Sunday Stroll

Early Saturday the Chap and I went Over to Dover, in separate cars. We had to attend a diocesan training for re-certification. He was leaving for the airport afterwards.

It was a gorgeous morning for a drive. On lakes and ponds bob houses are still in evidence...as are ice fishermen and snowmobiles--I saw them all. I also saw a bob house that had been removed, being driven along the highway in the back of a big pickup truck. A very happy sight!

Returning to our own lake, I found open water.



This morning, one of the herd of chipmunks crosses the snow--nervously. He knows how visible he is to predators.



Snow is melting around the mermaid birdbath. She's already working on her tan--it's over 55 degrees today!



The horse head is also enjoying the sunshine. Enough snow melted on the octagon deck for me to shoot it from this side.



Still plenty of snow behind the house.



In the drive, leaves encased in ice. (And the tip of the Chap's gumboot, which I was wearing.)



A snow sculpture in a snowplow hill.



Gazing down the side of the octagon deck. Still a lot of snow...but at least it's pulling away.



Strolling through the Sunday newspaper I encounter an example of "stimulus advertising." Not sure this is what the President had in mind!



My own Mr. NH Stimulus is in Washington now. His stay has abruptly been extended by a day so he can attend an event at a lovely large residence located on Pennsylvania Avenue. It has the initials W.H. and its occupant is someone I enountered in NH a couple of times. Am I wishing now that I'd tagged along? Maybe!

To keep strolling, head over to Aisling's blog.


No comments: