"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

5:55 A.M.

That's when the dogs woke me for their breakfast. There was almost no light, except on the mountains to the west--the sun strikes them first, illuminating the sliver of houses at the edge of the shore.



And it was chilly! Last night was positively autumnal, the mercury dipped into the 40's.

Soon as we arrived yesterday afternoon I ran all round the house closing windows. According to the forecast, I won't have to keep them closed.

For supper last night I tried re-creating a memorable pizza I had nearly 10 years ago, at an Atlanta hotel: artichoke and goat cheese.



I was quite pleased with the way mine turned out. Looking forward to leftovers.


No comments: