"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, August 15, 2008

Afternoon on the Dock

All meetings went well yesterday. I decided the necessary follow-up can wait till Monday or Tuesday. It's a glorious day, and the dogs and I headed for the cottage on the Big Lake.

Not much traffic in the Bay.



When we went down to the dock, the girls did their usual berry-eating on the hillside. I'm not sure about Jewel, but Ruth takes a very professional approach to berries. When I looked at the area she'd harvested, I saw that the green blueberries were still on the bushes, and only the ripe ones had disappeared!

My gleanings.



I brought the requisite items for an afternoon by the water.



After Ruth and I went swimming, I settled down under the umbrella with my book.

Jewel--what just landed on my hat?



Is there an animal under my chair?



More traffic:



This week has been one of simple suppers. Last night, French onion soup and baked tomatoes.



I'm considering something similar for tonight, but different. Perhaps soup with salad.

Soup in August? I know, I know. Usually it's not cool enough at this time of year.

I desperately want to eat those berries, but I shall refrain. Saving them for tomorrow's guest!


No comments: