"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, August 03, 2008

My Sunday Stroll



I step outdoors to photograph my cheery red, raindrop covered flowers and find a very droopy weather stick. Another muggy, muggy morning, following last night's storm.



If you're brave enough to venture down our newly paved private road, you'll come to this sign. We cherish our privacy here!



The view inside a birch bark ring.



These sprouting nubs in a shadowy place...



...will soon look like this.



Sunshine on the ground.



Sprouting beside the cottage, I find the biggest mushroom I've ever seen.



Down at the dock, I admire the marigolds in the boat house windowbox.



Eleven o'clock already? The Big White Boat is right on time.



While I'm photographing flowers and a boat, the Chap spies upon me from the porch. The dogs are with him. With the trees leafed out all the way, the cottage looks much more compact than it actually is.



Our hillside and lakeside blueberry crop is in.



Some of the harvest.



We had blueberry French toast for breakfast. In the interests of my increasingly svelte figure, this morning I power-walked Ruth and Jewel--for once, they could barely keep up with me!

To keep strollong, go here.


No comments: