"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Stroll: Looking Up



A quiet Sunday morning on the Big Lake. And we soaked up the atmosphere before our morning walk, and all the pre-company cleaning, baking, laying the table, etc.

Usually my Sunday Strolls from the lake involve the ground--fungi and other plants. Today I decided to look up for a change.

I decided to take a mug of tea down to the dock with the current issue of Publishers Weekly. The girls went with me.

Soon as we stepped outside, I studied the canopy of evergreens.



There are so many trees it takes a while for the sun to appear in the morning. It's just visible on the right side of the photo.



These berries grow on the tree branches overhanging the boat house.



Most mornings are very still and calm, and the flag wasn't moving when we got to the dock. But soon a small breeze started up. I caught the first unfurling of the Stars and Stripes.



Looking up from my magazine, I saw the next-door neighbours in their boat, and on waterskis.



Jewel climbed on my lap to study the cloud patterns.



The clouds passing over the mountains looked like cotton.



If you want to see a garden stroll at the Lodge, see my Friday blogpost.

For links to other strolls, go here!

No comments: