"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Big Game: Puppy Bowl IV

For residents of the Lodge, the Big Game could only be found on Animal Planet. The two young dogs were glued to the telly for the broadcast of Puppy Bowl IV.

Ruth was riveted. Jewel coached (noisily) from the sofa.




Bingo was our favourite pup, because of a perceived resemblance to Jewel. So that's how we voted for the Most Valuable Puppy Poll. But Bingo didn't win.

I know, I know. Yet another dog video. Sorry. It's just that my dogs watching other dogs on tv cracks me up.

One of these weekends I'll escape the confines of the Lodge on a Sunday, and shoot more interesting footage. Promise.


No comments: