"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Calling Location Scouts


Anyone who's seen the film Dr. Zhivago remembers the scenes at that snow-encrusted dacha where Zhivago and Lara hang out for a while.

And like me, you probably stare in disbelief, and think to yourself, "It doesn't even seem real. That much snow just can't be possible."

Guess again. Because, after a fresh foot of snow over 24 hours, on top of the many feet of snow on the ground, I can tell you it is possible. Not desirable. But definitely possible.

View from the back door

view from the front door


Where can I buy a sleigh?


No comments: