"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, May 25, 2009

Musical Monday: Ice Cream

Here on the Big Lake there's an ice cream boat. Last night it zipped down the Bay and vanished into the cove on the north side of the Point. I assume someone from a dock had waved it over. When it emerged again, it was hailed by one of the motorboats in the Bay. I photographed the transaction--the ice cream boat has the umbrella.



Last night's supper: Greek-style salad with spinach and feta and sliced grape tomatoes and anchovies, broiled feta-stuffed tomatoes, and pan-fried calamari rings. With hard cider.



My dessert was an ice cream sandwich--not from the ice cream boat, but from my own freezer.

I'm sending out this clip to my beloved globe-trotter, at this moment completing another travel quest north of the Border. Thus, a Canadian songbird referencing his favourite dessert. There's a bit of chat before Sarah gets to the song but it's worth the wait.



If you're in the States enjoying a holiday, or anywhere else, I hope the day is a good one, with or without ice cream!


No comments: