"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Stroll: Cottage Walkaround

Early yesterday morning the Chap flew off to a distant state to visit an ailing relative in hospital. Later in the morning the dogs and I came to the cottage.

I had a very productive afternoon and evening of writing. I achieved more than double my daily quota. My reward was a gorgeous sunset--I was making supper during most of it but managed to step outside in time for this peaceful shot.



We haven't got a garden to stroll round here. The ground is rocky, the tree canopy thick. This late-blooming species lilac was planted some years ago. It scarcely ever blooms. Haven't seen flowers for years, but this year we have lots of buds.



This is my pot of oregano, purchased a few weeks ago, used for salads and pizza.



I keep plants in the windowboxes. This year: red impatiens between this really nice white flowering plant, which has a funny but forgettable name.



Down at the waterside, the blueberries are still blooming and forming fruit.



Rocks going down into the water, Ruth's stepping stones.



I checked the water temperature--58 degrees! Swimming season is still a long way off.

Shingles on the boathouse.



Here's a glance down the Bay. The green tree-covered protrusion is the Point we often walk to, or around.



Looking up the Bay. Our next door neighbours have their boat in the water, but no others. Too early in the season.



I was about to come inside when the Big White Boat came steaming down the Bay, right on time.



Nice day for a cruise!



The stroller's companions.



The girls and I had a good walk earlier, and they're down for an afternoon of napping on the sofa. I'm hoping for another extremely productive writing day.

If you care to stroll on, go here.


No comments: